Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Introduction


Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Jim and I live in Bowmanville, a small Ontario town about an hour east of Toronto. I have three daughters in University and two sons at home with me and my wife. One is three and a half and one is seven weeks old this Friday. I love the outdoors and my blog is going to be outdoor related. It will mostly be related to Southern Ontario but not restricted to it. Some of it will be family activities, some you might have to leave the little ones at home! What do I like? I am into canoeing, kayaking, birding, mountain biking, road biking, cross country skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, camping, trail running, and running just to name a few. I have cycled across Canada, climbed Kilimanjaro and hiked the crest of the Smoky Mountains.

Needless to say I love the outdoors and this blog will tell you some of my adventures, let you know about whats coming up in the way of outdoor activities in southern Ontario and just to talk about some outdoor related item. Just to begin with my next post will be about Kilimanjaro, a trip I did about two years ago and have been wanting to put on the web ever since but never got around to. I am also going to write about marathon skating and Lake Scugog in the near future as well as looking at the nearby and natural areas and activities available to us here in southern Ontario. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Good read hon ... still won't "bow" as your follower though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent beginning - to an eventual run for the Durham riding provincial legislature seat leading to selection as minister of the environment.
    My faith in your ability is such that I would gladly serve as an election/political advisor.
    (We're talking green-party of course)
    Think about it - a nomination as a green party candidate in Durham or here in Northumberland wouldn't be that difficult.
    Election funding is something else, but it can be solved.
    Winning a seat and a cabinet post would also serve as a fine parental example for your two boys.
    Tell my daughter that I expect she would provide all the help needed.
    LARRY HALL (yes we can)

    ReplyDelete